It’s time to begin thinking about Mother’s Day. And,instead of waiting until the last minute to find the perfect gift,why not go for something homemade from the kids? Whether it’s for Mom,Grandma,or Great-Grandma,it will be a priceless treasure. Here are a few ideas:
- Custom Picture Frame: Pick up an unfinished frame from your local craft store and let the kids paint it,glue buttons and sequins on it,or attach ribbon to it. Add a special picture or drawing.
- Mosaic Flower Pot: Transform a plain flower pot into a work of art by gluing gems,buttons,or small tiles to it. Depending on the size,it can be used as a pencil holder,candy dish,or actual flower pot.
- Coupon Book: If your kids are old enough,they can make a book out of paper that offers “coupons”for things they will do: wash the car,take out the trash,walk the dog,give you a hug,etc. They can even make each page look like coupons by coloring a frame or picture on them.
- Bookmark: There are so many different options for a homemade bookmark. You can use scrapbook paper layered on top of each other. You can cut out shapes (hearts,stars,etc) to glue onto construction paper. You can use recycled materials and get as creative as you want!
- Handprint Flowers: Check out our post here to see step by step instructions.
What are some other ideas for homemade Mother’s Day gifts?