One of our recipes from our Christmas in July party turned out so cute, I just had to share it.
Aren’t these adorable? And, they weren’t too hard to make.
First, begin by cutting one-inch pieces of the pound cake.
Slice the strawberries in half horizontally.
Pile the strawberry half, pound cake, and strawberry half on top of each other and secure with toothpick.
Mix up the cream cheese and powdered sugar.
Pipe it on the pound cake to make the hat trim and beard.
Add two dots of cream cheese mixture to pound cake and top with chocolate chips.
So cute and so tasty.
- 12 Strawberries
- 1 frozen pound cake, thawed
- 1 8-oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ c powdered sugar
- 12 red frilled toothpicks
- 24 mini chocolate chips
- Cut pound cake into 1-inch squares.
- Slice strawberries in half horizontally.
- Layer strawberry halves and pound cake to create "Santa" and secure with toothpick.
- Mix cream cheese and powdered sugar together.
- Place in plastic bag and cut corner off.
- Pipe cream cheese mixture onto strawberries and pound cake around the rim of each strawberry and to make the beard.
- Dot 2 mini chocolate chips with cream cheese and add to pound cake.
- Serve immediately.