Mom….I’m bored! It sure doesn’t take long for the kiddos to get bored in the summer.
Here are a few ideas to keep your summer exciting and full of new activities!
Go for a swim–play in the sprinkler–have a picnic–play a board game–fly a kite–go camping–walk the dog–make a scrapbook–pick berries at a local farm–have a water fight with balloons or squirt guns–wash the dog–go for a bike ride–make homemade ice cream–make a masterpiece with sidewalk chalk–play with bubbles–feed the ducks–make an obstacle course–tour a local farm or orchard–make a home-movie–clean out the closet
More fun that may take a little more time in preparation like:
- a family slumber party–set up the sleeping bags in the family room and have a fun evening playing boardgames or watching a movie and then catch a few Zs–the kids will love it!
- sign the kids up for a fun summer school class or recreation class like cooking, art, music, or a favorite sport
- make a lemonade stand–don’t forget cookies too!
- create a family or friends talent show–have every member practice their act and then perform it for each other
- get out those dress-up clothes, costumes, and superhero clothes and have a photo shoot with the digital camera, then watch the pictures in a slide show on your TV or computer….Ta Looooooo La!
- the zoo
- children’s museum
- outdoor theater
- children’s petting zoo
- water park
- the park
- story-time at your local library or bookstore
- open gym (like free playtime) at a gymnastics academy
It is a perfect time in the summer to teach your kiddos how to care for those around them and to have mini service projects. Here are a few ideas:
- write letters to long distance family or friends
- send a care package to a soldier/Marine (let me know if you need a name of a service member!)
- visit a retirement village and chat with the elderly or make them a special craft
- make cookies/crafts for a neighbor or friend
If you still need more ideas, visit our kid-friendly tab to get some fun craft and activity ideas to do with your kiddos! Most of all….have fun with your kids!