When birthday and Christmas come around and grandparents, aunts, uncles, and friends are asking for your child’s wish list, don’t panic and dread the piles and piles of new toys that will take over the house. Get creative, improve the toy clutter, and ask for gifts that your child will enjoy doing instead of new toys!
A few gift ideas are:
- Gift certificates/money toward soccer lessons, gymnastics lessons, piano lessons, or whatever your child enjoys doing
- Coins to the carousel at the mall
- Gift cards to McDonald’s (my kids love paying for their own food and using the credit card machine!)
- Chuck E. Cheese tokens
- Gift cards to the movies
- A class through your local parks and rec or YMCA
- Gift cards to Pump It Up/a roller skating rink/go carts
Memories are made, talents are discovered, and your house is less cluttered!